Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Distribution of the Book of Deeds


The books of deeds will be thrown in the air from a high elevation, and man is below. The moment when the books are thrown is one of the moments where RasulAllah sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam says that the hair turns gray – because you don’t know which hand you will get the book in. If the book comes in your right hand, you’re fine. If the book lands in the left, then you’re doomed.

Allah says: “Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say: ‘Take, read my Record! Surely, I did believe that I shall meet my Account!’ So he shall be in a life, well-pleasing. In a lofty Paradise, the fruits in bunches whereof will be low and near at hand. Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in days past!” (69:19-24) 

Notice here that Allah is talking about fruits that are low and then He says, ‘eat and drink.’ This is a very appropriate place to say so because that is the day when hunger and thirst will be at their limits.

What about the one who receives the book in his left hand? “But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: ‘I wish that I had not been given my Record! And that I had never known how my Account is. I wish, would that it had been my end (death)! My wealth has not availed me, My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!’” (69:25-29) 

The two things that we struggle for in this life – power and wealth – will do nothing for us that day. Whatever you want in dunya, you can buy it with money; it fulfils your desires. On the Day of Judgment, money is worthless. What was wealth one day is now nothing. Power is the same way – it gives you dominance and opens for you doors of opportunity. On the Day of Judgment, you will be so powerless that you will not even have power over your own limbs; your limbs will testify against you. Therefore, power and wealth are of no value on the Day of Judgment. If we strive for either of those things, it should be for the sake of Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment