Wednesday, October 3, 2012

16.Dragging of the Intestines


Then there is the dragging of the intestines, which is for the ones who used to enjoin good and forbid evil, but not follow it themselves. The Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said, “A man will be brought and put in Hell (Fire) and he will circumambulate (go around and round) in Hell (Fire) like a donkey of a (flour) grinding mill, and all the people of Hell (Fire) will gather around him and will say to him, ‘O so-and-so! Didn’t you use to order others for good and forbid them from evil?’ That man will say, ‘I used to order others to do good but I myself never used to do it, and I used to forbid others from evil while I myself used to do evil.’” [Bukhaari, 9/88/218]

These people will also be chained (the ones who had double standards). Allah says: “When iron collars will be rounded over their necks, and the chains, they shall be dragged along.” (40:71)

No comments:

Post a Comment